Burlington VT, Full Time
About OVR Technology:
OVR Technology combines our oldest, most primal sense with today’s most powerful technology to address urgent human needs. Our unique platform marries our sense of smell with Virtual and Augmented Reality to help produce real-world outcomes in the health, therapy, training, education and military markets. The platform consists of 3 interconnected solutions: the Software Framework, the Hardware, and the Scentware. Architecture of Scent is a mixture of art, science, and technology that precisely replicate realistic olfactory experiences for the digital world.
We are: sensory scientists, technologists, programmers, artists, and entrepreneurs. We value: social and environmental causes, research, collaboration, futurism, human life, mental and physical health. Our passion and talent enable us to create tools to impact these things. We are on track to become industry leaders in our niche and are looking for a valuable team member to add to our group of innovators.
This position is responsible for the creation, integration, documentation, and maintenance of our code base. This code base is purpose-built for controlling OVR Hardware and easily deploying custom integrations.
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Maintenance and development of API and framework which allows the device to interact with a range of programs including, but not limited to, Unity, Unreal, and Adobe After Effects
- User interface applications
- Writing, refining, and supporting robust documentation
- Quality control of code base
- Interfacing with customers for high-level technical questions
- Collecting and incorporating feedback to increase effectiveness of code base
- Researching and keeping up to date on VR and game engine related programming
- Strong knowledge of VR content development, especially in Unreal.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, MacOS, and Windows
- Use of project management tools like Gsuite, Trello, Slack
- Familiarity with game development platforms, Unreal Engine, and Unity with basic game design knowledge
- Programming knowledge in languages: JS, JSON, CS, SFML, SQL, MQTT, SWIFT
- Familiarity with the following IDE’s:
- Top Priority-Arduino, VS community, VS code, Python IDLE-
- Secondary: Eclypse, Xcode
- Mobile development skills for IOS and Android studio
Position is a full-time salaried position, with competitive wages and benefits including health, dental, and401k with matching.